Every bride has a vision about her wedding and how she wants the reception to look and feel. Here are 5 ideas on ways you can still have your table décor look fabulous at your wedding reception even when you are on a budget.
1. Use various sized candle holders & vases to create a dramatic look for evening weddings. Putting water in the taller vases with a floating candle will add “sparkle” to the table from the reflection of the water and candles. This centerpiece was from a past bride who got married at the Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio.
2. Use the bridal bouquets as centerpieces for the head table or even on the guest tables. Purchase plastic vases and you can save a fortune! These gold vases were plastic and you couldn’t even tell. McNay Art Museum, San Antonio.
hydrangeas centerpieces votives wedding table
3. Hydrangeas are great filler flowers and come in a variety of colors. Use a few in a vase with a little of greenery & even some twigs you find in your yard and you have a very beautiful, yet inexpensive centerpiece. Add petals and votives for a nice addition to the table as well.
vintage pearls picture wedding reception table
4. This past bride of mine wanted an antique feel to her reception. For the tables she added faux pearls place around the table along with picture frames she had gotten at a dollar store. Because some of the flowers were out of season that the bride wanted, the florist mixed in some faux flowers in the centerpiece. Can you tell which are the fake ones? No one ever knew.
various vases inexpensive flowers doilies budget table
5. This bride was on a very tight budget. She collected various sized vases from garage sales, dollar tree, and food containers to create a collage as the focal point. She then use cheaper flowers and baby’s breath to give the vintage look she was going for. The paper doilies & votive add the last touch to the table & tie the colors together. Simple but cute! Botanical Gardens, San Antonio.
I have so many more ideas for budget friendly décor. If you would like to ask me a question about your wedding please feel free to contact me. http://www.royaltyeventparties.com, 210-595-9263.
It seems these days that many couples are paying for their own wedding which means they might be on a tight budget. They are getting creative in their planning and doing a lot of DIY projects along with finding good deals on venues. One option is having it at the church you are a member of. A wedding I just coordinated in San Antonio is exactly what they did. They had the reception at the church’s Parish Hall. The room was pretty basic and we knew that having other focal points throughout the room was going to be needed to add to the ambiance of a wedding.
I thought it would be fun to show you the behind the scenes of how the room was transformed for the reception.Legendary Linens did a great job in creating a focal point on the ceiling with lights and drapery. They also added uplights around the room and a canopy for the bride and groom’s sweetheart table. The couple decided to add some elegance with china, chargers, chair covers and sashes as well. Throughout the room there were added touches of pictures, antique items, flowers, lanterns, candles, a slide show and more. For a wedding on a budget, it turned out beautiful!
Trudy Scott, Royalty Event Parties, 210-595-9263, email@example.com
Let’s face it…having an outdoor wedding during the summer months can be HOT! Maybe you got a great rate on a venue or you both are just very outdoorsy type of people, WONDERFUL! However, you need to be proactive in thinking about your guests that will attend & their comfort. Here are some ideas on how you can make your event more enjoyable during the hot summer months.
- Rent Port-A-Cool Units, Air Conditioners, Misting Fans, or Fans and place them strategically throughout the reception/ceremony. Having one near the bar and dance floor are the top 2 locations. The Port-A-Cool units can decrease the temperate from up to 10-15 degrees! Most party rental places will have them and they aren’t as expensive as you might think. Great Events Full Service Event Rentals carries all of those in San Antonio.
- Tents…need I say more? Shade is essential and sometimes you just can’t rely on the trees to give you all the shade you need. You never know where the sun might fall throughout the day and just how shady it will be. A tent will give you the security too if bad weather arises. There are so many types of tents, very basic to the extravagant. Rental companies have different sizes, shapes, & features to fit any budget.
- Guests love beverage stations. This is essential for staying hydrated too! Make it fun and inviting by offering several types of beverages to choose from. The easiest way is to make flavored water with fruits, cucumber, mint, etc. Just slice and throw it in the water! How easy is that!! Having cute framed signs to tell the guests what each one is adds an extra touch too. I did that for one of my couples and they loved it!
- Program Fans at the ceremony are not only great for sharing information about the ceremony but also to use for fanning yourself in the heat! Guests can then bring them with them at the reception and use them there as well. The above picture is from printedexpressions.com. Carlson Craft offers a wide variety of these and you can receive 10% off by going through this link: program fans.
Royalty Event Parties is here to help! If you have questions about different wedding situations, wedding etiquette questions or need advice on the creative side, I am here for you! Give me a call at 210-595-9263 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find me at Pinterest, Facebook, and my website: http://www.royaltyeventparties.com.