Last week, we discussed the duties of the bridesmaid. Now, the tables have turned and it’s time to talk about the duties of groomsmen. We felt it was only fair that we did a separate entry on each so that readers will be able to identify with each of their role in the wedding. If you have recently been chosen to be one of the groomsmen in your friend’s wedding, you will need to know what you are supposed to do.
Duties of a Groomsman:
- Help out in assisting other guests’ travel arrangements, especially if you reside in the area where the wedding will take place. This means that if there are guests who are arriving from another city, you need to help in finding accommodation for them.
- As a groomsman, you are generally paired with one of the bridesmaids from the bridal entourage. Make sure that you do not concentrate on just one of these women though. See to it that if you will be helping someone, you will also help the others.
- Help in planning the bachelor party. Even though this is generally the best man’s responsibility, there’s no harm in helping a brother out right? Who knows, you just might have a really interesting night.
- Attend all the pre-wedding events. You have a role to fill and you need to do your part. Also, you need to participate during the engagement photos.
- You are expected to be your friend’s personal advisor and assistant throughout the duration of the engagement and wedding itself. If you are a true friend of the groom, this will be no issue for you. After all, any friend will want to help out and make sure that his friend is making the right decision.
- On the day of the wedding, you will need to be there with your friend. This means that he does not have to worry about anything. You have to make sure that he is well rested and calm during the big day. Help him with his tuxedo too!
Do you need help planning your friend’s wedding or bachelor’s party? Make sure to call me at (210-595-9263). You can also visit my website for more information on San Antonio weddings.