I just received a beautifully done highlights video from Christian Ellis Images and decided to use this blog to talk about your videography for your wedding this week. This video is of a couple I helped coordinate their wedding for at Spinelli’s in Comfort, Texas. Lets watch the video first and then talk more about this important topic for your wedding. Click on the picture to be taken to their highlights video.
Click on photo for highlights video
How important is videography for you? As a coordinator, I see it vary from couple to couple. Some MUST have it while others just don’t care. I think that it should be an important part of your wedding. What is nice is that the videographer can create a 4-7 minute highlight video so you don’t have to fast forward through all the raw footage. You can then share this short video to all your friends and family. What a great way of remembering your wedding with these videos!
I have to tell you a funny story about my own wedding (years before I was a coordinator). I just didn’t have it in my budget to hire a professional videographer so we had “Uncle xyz” film it with his camera. I don’t even know where to begin. The camera moved constantly, he would zoom in and out all the time, you couldn’t hear anything and he videoed so much pre-stuff that his camera went dead after the ceremony!!! I got 30 seconds of my reception. I was a little upset about this. Plus what he got isn’t good at all, sorry Uncle xyz (I changed the name to protect his identity, lol).
There are different styles of videographers in San Antonio that each have there own unique look and feel to their videos. There are the crisp, modern feel, the romantic & dramatic ones (like above), and the movie-like ones as in the one above plus the following. Crissman Videography is a videographer that my couples have used numerous times and his work is spectacular. He is always trying to improve himself and is currently working on ariel shots through a drone he just purchased. That is pretty cool! Here is a highlights video he did at a wedding I coordinated at the La Orilla Ballroom.
During the interview process be sure to ask the videographer these important questions:
What do your packages consist of?
- Do I need you before the ceremony? (if you want a little of the both of you getting ready then, “yes”.)
- Do you have some videos I can see? (be sure to watch some of these before signing a contract)
- Do you do any special effects in your highlights video?
- What sets you apart from other videographers?
- What is your deposit? When is payment due?
- Will you have more than 1 camera person?
- What do you wear? (some are more casual than others so you’ll want to be aware of this especially if it is a formal event).
- How long will it take to get the video back?
- Will I have the rights to send it to whoever I like?
- What if I decide the day of that I want you to stay longer than originally agreed upon?
- Can I choose the song for the highlights video?
- Will I get all the raw footage that you shoot?
- Will you use mics for the ceremony?
- Can we have guests come up to you and say something to us for the video?
It is important to ask the potential videographer all these questions because each one has their own rules, packages and timeframes for doing everything. I encourage you to try and budget for a videographer so you will always have the special moments of your wedding you can reflect on in the years to come. As a coordinator, my job is to…
Create Memories For a Lifetime
I am in the San Antonio area if you need help planning your wedding. Please contact me! Trudy Scott, Royalty Events Planning, 210-595-9263 or Trudy@RoyaltyEventsPlanning.com